Edinburgh, United Kingdom
£30,000 pa (£15 per hour PAYE + holiday & pension) Temp to Perm
about 2 months ago
Administrator Financial Services
6 months Temp to Perm
£30,000 pa (£15 per hour PAYE + holiday & pension)
Home / Remote Based with occasional visits to Edinburgh offices
Techniche are supporting a large financial institution to appoint an experienced Administrator from the financial services or banking sector.
This role will be working as part of a small team within a large Global Bank Head Office. The role will initially be on a 6 month contract with a view to transfer to permanent staff.
Overview & Brief of the role:
- This role requires someone who has experience in banking, financial services, markets, trading or similar.
- Knowledge of Transfer Agency (Investments, Unit trsust etc) is essential (understanding what a Transfer Agency does, not in detail but a broad understanding of the concept of TA)
- This role will require excellent attention to detail as it will be the last point of checking for customer wide communications sent out by email or mail.
- Experience with Excel, spreadsheets and IT equipment used in corporate banking is essential
- The role will involve reviewing a lot of information and communications before they are sent to investment customers.
- This role will be home / remote based but needs to be commutable to Edinburgh for any ad-hoc office presence requirements.
- Assist with the day to day relationship with key third parties (principally Paragon).
- Respond to internal and external queries as and when required
- Actively involved with the review of Statements and Mailings in line with Client SLA, ensuring accurate and timely delivery and liaison with key internal stake holders and 3rd party provider.
- Identify potential risk and raise accordingly via Line Management and escalate where required.
- Attend client meetings as and when required, with relevant business processing teams ensuring minutes are documented accurately
- Review of 3rd party provider KPI packs prior to Service Review Meetings (SRMs). Attend SRMs ensuring minutes are documented accurately.
- Production and review of MI used for internal and external reports
- Review of invoices received from 3rd party providers to ensure accuracy before sign-off
- Periodic sample checking of document output against a scenario matrix to ensure accuracy
- Drafting of Change Request documents as and when required for Manager’s review
- Ensure all documents, reports, minutes etc are saved down and archived appropriately
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Understanding of oversight responsibilities within the Financial Services
- Ability to analyse and appraise work, to identify potential areas of concern that could lead to risk
- Ability to identify any areas of risk and escalate accordingly
- Demonstration of knowledge of TA Operational Transaction Activity for the UK industry is preferred
- Strong inter-personal and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills required
- Daily use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Attention to detail is vital