Helensburgh , United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
Techniche Global are working with an Engineering Defence Contractor to appoint a Procurement Assistant / Assistant Buyer. You will support the business by providing supply chain support to obtain goods and/or services up to £5k in value whilst minimising business risk through compliance with policy and process. Supplementary to this are fundamental enablers’ which drive supply chain management and value delivery.
- Process requisition to purchase orders on all sub £5k requirements
- Order book management, clear aged debt by liaising with supplier and end users
- Establish Cost savings
- Data Management
- Supply chain advisory capacity
- Competitive tendering utilising SAP ARIBA
- General administration support duties
- Identifying potential ITAR implications, understanding and following relevant procedures
- Conducting due diligence, conducting BPA risk assessment and credit safe checks
- Negotiating payment terms with suppliers
- Mentoring of new starts
- Knowledge of Supply Chain processes and policies
- High level of computer literacy throughout MS office applications and high level of competency in the use of IFS for the purposes of document management, Purchase Order management and invoice management and supplier performance management activity.
- Knowledge of due diligence processes and credit check processes for supplier on boarding and throughout continual supplier maintenance. In addition, the supplier ‘FCM’ for travel booking and training travel booking.