Oundle, United Kingdom
9.45 - 11.65
about 2 months ago
Bench Joiner (Carpentry) – Fit Out
9.45 – 11.65 per hour
40 hours per week, overtime available
The duties will consist of - fitting out cabins (bedrooms), galleys (kitchens), lounges, crew quarters, doors, furniture, upholstered panels and bathrooms to a very high standard of finish through excellent application of scribing and classic carpentry techniques.
Kitchen fitting, applicants will work in teams led by a Team Leader to construct boats ready for dispatch. Applicants need the ability to read and understand scaled drawings, plus, the competence to work within tight tolerances with high value lacquered veneers and solid wood products. Building to the required quality standard to defined deadlines is a key element of the role.
- Assemble pre-cut parts from the CNC facility supplied in Job Packs be able to identify panels by numbers
- Be able to read information in Job Packs and be able to produce items of furniture ready for fitting to boats on the production line. Update stored information in Job Packs as and when changes occur.
- Be competent in using wood cutting machinery i.e. Panel Saw, Cross Cut, Overhead Router, Band Saw, Chop Saw & Table Sander. (Full Training will be given before using any of the above)
- Be competent in using small handheld power tools i.e. Electric Drill, Hand Held Router, Jig Saw, Rotary Sander, Hand Held Trimmer & Battery Drill. (Full Training will be given before using any of the above)
- Read and understand drawings supplied by design and take printed dimensions and turn them into cut panels, edge with veneer where required and assemble
- To understand and work within all aspects of the company health and safety policy
- Be able to fit into and work within a team environment
- To produce and maintain a high standard of work at all times even under pressure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.45-£11.65 per hour
- bench Joinery: 1 year (Preferred)