Plymouth , United Kingdom
up to £40/hour LTD
17 days ago
Rate: up to £40/hour LTD
Location: Home based during the pandemic, then will be a mix of remote and site based (reporting site is Plymouth).
Duration: Initial 6 months initially
We are currently seeking a IM specialist for a BIM Author role on a large infrastructure project at Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth working for Babcock.
The role will be remote based initially with flexible working arrangements in the future as well.
Our client is looking for Coordination of Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Safety related facilities for Strategic Infrastructure projects. You will be preparing and reviewing the federated BIM model.
- Contributing to the BIM modelling aspects of the project, and under the guidance and direction of the Facilities Layout Manager. This role will involve modelling authoring, federation and maintaining a defined and structured set of BIM objects contained within a wider BIM data set.
- BIM Model Authors should have extensive knowledge in the use of the key authoring platforms outlined in the MIP EIR. This includes; Revit, Civils 3D, Inventor and AutoCAD.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- The Post Holder is required to hold qualifications in a relevant discipline below, minimum HNC:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural engineering
- Architecture or similar
- Design of civil engineering, structural engineering and architecture.
- Knowledge and experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Knowledge of BIM level 2 suite, but also new emerging standards ISO 19650
- Mid-level Design & Construction Experience.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design and construction lifecycle.
- BIM naming conventions, status codes and revisions. But also object naming standards BS 8541:* Awareness of COBIe, IFC and Uniclass
- Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the ISO 19650 method of collaboration.
- Competent user with a good understanding of the following platforms; Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD, Inventor, Civils 3d. Must be able to create content in these platforms for the purposes of the project.