Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40 per hour (LTD Outside IR-35)
17 days ago
Location: Plymouth (Full Time)
Rate: £40 per hour (Outside IR-35)
Duration: 6 months
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Contractor who are seeking an experienced BIM Co-Ordinator for a period of initially 6 months to be onsite in Plymouth.
The BIM Co-Ordinator will be responsible for Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Safety related facilities for Strategic Infrastructure projects. Responsible for preparing and reviewing the federated BIM model.
The role will also provide cover for the BIM Manager during any absence. As well as approving, managing and supervising the process for developing all graphical, non-graphical and document information relating to infrastructure and equipment for both Nuclear Safety Related and Non- Nuclear facilities.
- Minimum 3 Years Design Experience.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design lifecycle.
- BS1192 BIM files naming conventions, status codes and revisions.
- Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the PAS1192-2 method of collaboration.
- Use of Autodesk Revit software to create BIM projects.
- Use of Autodesk Navisworks software to prepare and review federated models. Undertake clash detection.
- Design of civil engineering, structural engineering and architecture
- Coordinate the delivery of BIM tasks.
- Prepare templates for BIM models and drawing sheets.
- Monitor the project teams adherence to the BIM Execution Plan and provide guidance if necessary.
- Prepare the federated model.
- Execute clash detection and report appropriately.
- Manage and maintain the BIM model library.
- Communicate the BIM plan to the Task Teams.
- Accept reject information exchanges within the common data environment.
- Develop Levels of Definition (LOD) strategy.
- Prepare the volume strategy.
- Enable integration and co-ordination of information within the Information Model