Plymouth , United Kingdom
Up to £40p/hr Ltd
17 days ago
Rate: up to £40/hour LTD or roughly £30/hour PAYE
Location: Home based during the pandemic, then will be a mix of remote and site based (reporting site is Plymouth.
Duration: Initial 6 months initially
We are currently seeking a IM specialist for a BIM Modeller role on a large infrastructure project at Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth.
The role will be remote based initially with flexible working arrangements in the future as well.
Our client is looking for Coordination of Building Information Modelling (BIM) deliverables in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Safety related facilities for Strategic Infrastructure projects. You will be preparing and reviewing the federated BIM model.
- Ensuring the Major Infrastructure Projects (MIP) BIM Standards are applied to the Project, and following the Delivery Team BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Providing Building Information Modelling (BIM) authoring support to the project, using the appropriate technology as prescribes in the Delivery Team BEP.
- Linking BIM models from other task teams and accessing the latest models from the Common Data Environment (CDE). Supporting the Information Exchanges within the CDE solution.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- The Post Holder is required to hold qualifications in a relevant discipline below, minimum HNC:
- Civil Engineering
- Structural engineering
- Architecture or similar
- Mid-level Design & Construction Experience.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design and construction lifecycle.
- BIM naming conventions, status codes and revisions. But also object naming standards BS 8541:* Awareness of COBIe, IFC and Uniclass
- Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the ISO 19650 method of collaboration.
- Competent user with a good understanding of the following platforms; Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD, Inventor, Civils 3d. Must be able to create content in these platforms for the purposes of the project.