Southampton, United Kingdom
£22,000 - £25,000 (+Benefits)
4 months ago
Location: Southampton (full time office based)
Hours: Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm (1 hour lunch) (flexible Friday PM finish)
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Benefits: Pension, Life insurance, critical illness cover (following probation)
Techniche are working with a luxury marine manufacturer in Southampton, assisting them with the appointment of a Business Administrator who will also be responsible for the front of house/reception area of their high-end HQ.
This is a broad ranging role that has future potential to develop within the business. The position has arisen due to company growth and will play an important role in the future of the business.
The role will look after the front of house for the company, welcoming high-end customers from the Luxury Marine industry, greeting partnership representatives and suppliers on a daily basis. Alongside this it will support a number of the main office roles including finance, procurement, customer services and general admin. It is a wide-ranging role that will suit a motivated individual looking for a fast paced and varied role. Someone who can also be proactive in identifying additional responsibilities and looking to improve processes to the better of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act as front of house fielding incoming calls, managing visitors, and receiving and processing mail.
• Perform admin and provide support on the company’s ERP/CRM system (user training will be provided), maintaining and
managing data, raising reports and monitoring activity.
• Provide varied support to the customer service department including processing payments, raising quotes and orders,
maintaining parts lists and order records, processing warranty registrations and third-party warranty returns and assisting in
the process and dispatch of orders including customs formalities.
• Provide admin support to the finance department, processing accounts payable invoices and statements, managing the
company credit cards and raising sales invoices.
• Provide admin support for the procurement department raising purchase orders, maintaining office equipment and
stationary orders and maintaining parts information within the ERP system.
• General office admin including filing (digital and tangible).
• Knowledge of the marine sector, pleasure boating or sailing. Either in a personal or professional capacity. Any experience or exposure to marine will be considered.
• Previous mixed administration experience in a small to medium size office environment.
• Must have a keen interest in the marine sector (either from a personal or professional perspective).
• Ideally previous finance / accounts experience.
• The ability to manage multiple tasks at any one time, delivering on work time.
• A focused and productive individual with good accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with and support all departments within the company.
• Professional experience of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to display experience with custom or company specific software systems a benefit.