Edinburgh, United Kingdom
£500-525 PAYE / £660-670 Umbrella (Outside IR35)
about 2 months ago
Business Analyst – Financial Services
Home / Remote Based with weekly trips to offices in Edinburgh
£500-525 PAYE / £660-670 Umbrella (Outside IR35)
Techniche are working with a large Global Financial Institution who are seeking an experienced Business Analyst for an initial 12 month assignment.
This role will be supporting a range of Products across Banking Operations which could range from Account Opening, Client Onboarding, through to regulatory implementation platforms and applications.
- This role is essentially to run projects and deliver products within the bank
- The focus of the product delivery team is business change and this role will be bringing together various areas to ensure all stake holders are working seamlessly together e.g. IT, Banking operations etc
- Custody knowledge will be essential; Global Custody or Local custody (DCC)
- This role will form a pool of Business Analysts and could be assigned to one of many projects within the product portfolio that the bank is working on
- Strong BA skills are essential: Writing requirements, user stories, test cases, tracking etc
- There are elements of Project Management, but it really is a pure BA role getting stuck in to understanding the requirements, writing stories etc
- Need to be able to engage with top level stakeholders within the bank, asking accurate and defined questions (straight to the point with good focus)
- It will be important to understand the technical side of the IT implementation, but not at such a detailed level as programming etc. Just understand the concept of the IT technical implementation, the navigation etc
- Experience is testing will be required (this will be managed externally but must have knowledge)
- All projects are about automation, automating the user flow
- In summary this BA will have 2 key areas. 1st is the requirements and info gathering. 2nd is the UAT and systems testing.
- This role requires a BA with a business change and process interrogation background. Not a BA that has come from a technical IT background.
- Essential to be able to ask the right questions and join the dots
- This role will be home based initially but as restrictions lift it will require time spent in Edinburgh every week
- Strong background & knowledge of Post Trade – Security Services.
- Previous experience of implementing change within a Global Custodian (preferred).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor degree and 1-5 years of practical experience in business analyst roles.
- Experience of working with internal IT teams as well as external vendors for system changes.
- Experience in delivering complex business and IT system related changes and documenting business / functional requirements.
- Flexibility in approach, and the ability to show initiative and respond quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work to bring clarity to requirements by effectively engaging clients or partners.
- Strong documentation skills for functional specifications and / or presentations to clients.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver results to a high standard, escalating where support is required.
- Excellent 360 degree communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude in all aspects of performing job duties.
- Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development lifecycle in the context of system changes.
- Promotes agile transformation and deployment methodologies, and helps with adoption of moving from “Project to Product”, along with Product, Technology and Operations.
- Promotes and takes accountability for quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions.
- Experience of digital technologies and solutions is useful (not essential).
- Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development lifecycle in the context of system changes. Problem solving and critical thinking. Experience of working in environments with digital and data technologies is highly desirable (but not essential).
The Role Purpose:
- The Product Delivery function is part of the Banks & Broker Dealer sector within Market & Securities Services. It sits in the centre of the teams for Product Managers, Product Users & Product Developer areas. The function ensures collaboration across the different teams where there are product deliverables to be made.
- The role as Business Analyst is required to help define the scope of Industry, Regulatory, Product Enhancements and Client driven change across Custody. A key part of the role will be to understand and deliver the business and functional requirements for prioritized changes and manage the change to completion. The role will focus on the processing lifecycles for post trade within the UK Direct & Global Custody business lines of Securities Services.
- This role will work closely with the other teams within Banks & Broker Dealer Sector including the Product Team to define appropriate solutions for business problems, and the operational teams to validate the operational effectiveness of any solutions as well as the Product Developer teams to ensure there is a robust scalable solution in place.
- The role must work collaboratively with regional and global product delivery managers (front to back) to ensure successful delivery of requirements to enable operational or technical changes to be completed as part of any implementation.