Plymouth, United Kingdom
£25 p/hr PAYE
about 1 month ago
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint a Change Manager. The successful candidate will lead a team of change specialists to create a rationalised and simple set of operating arrangements across all areas of Devonport Royal Dockyard Limited (DRDL). This includes Devonport Dockyard and elements of our Bristol business.
The expectation of this role is to manage a change project that enables the business to implement critical improvements to the fundamental ways of working across DRDL. This will result in an improvement in our customer service, realisation of significant cost savings and improve our ability to deliver our commitments safely.
This 2 year fixed term position is based within the Devonport site. The role will be a mixture of remote / home working as well as visits to the Devonport site to meet with stakeholders.
Main Purpose of Role
This is a challenging role to deliver a high profile and complex change across a large, multi-site nuclear defence organisation. Key stakeholders for this role will include directors, functional leads and end users, providing the successful candidate with networking opportunities at all levels of our organisation.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage, develop and deploy a team of change specialists to achieve the project deliverables within budget and timescale at the required quality standard.
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels, enabling open and honest discussions and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Working with key stakeholders to identify and communicate business resource requirements to meet the project objectives.
- Producing and maintaining project documentation to control the change, such as a Project Management Plan, risk register, project schedule, milestones, benefits map, benefits realisation plan and monthly reports.
- Project cost control activities to measure expenses and capture financial savings from the project and wider business efficiencies.
- Facilitating engagement workshops and problem solving sessions, with key stakeholders (including end users), to ensure buy-in and understanding.
- Engaging with other site change initiatives to ensure joint understanding of programmes, recognise interdependencies and mitigate conflicts.
• Mid level experience in a Project / Change Management position; Able to engage with senior management to articulate the benefits of improvement proposals in business / financial terms meaningful to the organisation.
• Good communication skills, with an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
• Ability to facilitate workshops at all levels, creating a common goal and achieving agreed outcomes.
• An understanding of project lifecycles and the management of key deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree in a related subject or demonstrable relevant experience.
• Lean 6 Sigma green belt or demonstrable experience in change management