Gloucestershire Airport, United Kingdom
£15.00 per hour PAYE (£19.40 per hour LTD)
11 months ago
Location: Mix of Home/Remote based & office based at Staverton, Cheltenham
Locality: Must be located within a daily commute of Staverton for short notice office visits
Rate: £15.00 per hour PAYE (£19.40 per hour LTD)
Duration: 6 months
Techniche are supporting a large Engineering Technology organisation with appointing a temporary Buyer for a 6 month contract assignment.
All applications will be reviewed prior to the Christmas break. The role will start in January
- 2-4 years in a Procurement, buyer, purchasing related role
- A background in Procurement or supply chain positions
- Customs experience (e.g. regulations, tariffs, codes etc)
- English & Maths GCSE (or equivalent) - minimum 5 pass grades
- Either HNC, HND, or degree qualified
- An understanding of Supply Chain Strategies
- CIPS Qualification or working towards accreditation
- Any exposure to the engineering sector, specifically aviation or aerospace
This role will be part of the UK Procurement team and is responsible for ordering direct purchasing alongside assisting with indirect procurement ordering. Working within the budgetary constraints of the business to support the contractual service delivery requirements.
The position will also provide Procurement transactional and administrative support and co-ordination to the Procurement Manager; to ensure that goods and services are procured at the right quantity, quality and cost, ensuring on-time delivery.
Finally the role will support the Procurement Manager in the implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy, Group policies and the utilisation of preferred suppliers as directed by the Head of Procurement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To action requisitions and obtain quotations for new aircraft parts, standard exchanges, repairs orders and indirect requirements in order to obtain the most cost effective solution and efficient delivery to meet the requirements of the business. Orders to be sent to the relevant supplier.
- To ensure that all requisitions are completed correctly and rejected where the procedure has not been followed.
- Placing all relevant Purchase Orders ensuring accurate promise delivery dates are obtained from suppliers.
- Keeping MRP/ERP system reliability and maintainability reports and records up to date.
- Update Requestors on a daily basis of the progress of any outstanding orders to allow for planning in the event of a delay in delivery. Ensuring back order report is kept up to date and expedited through to receipt.
- To ensure all quotes, PO’s, acknowledgments and other relevant correspondence is saved for auditing purposes.
- To resolve all Vendor Queries (VQ) that relate to Purchase Orders in order to avoid any unnecessary delay in utilisation of a part or tool.
- It is the responsibility of the Buyer to actively pursue savings on all non-PBH aircraft parts and indirect items. Keeping an accurate record of savings achieved reporting on these to the Procurement Manager, retaining the relevant quotes for auditing purposes.
- Providing management information as appropriate to support internal or external meetings and Management Information requests/requirements.
- Supporting the Due Diligence process of new and existing vendors in line with company policy.
- Identify opportunities for longer term agreements and submit these to the Category team and Procurement Manager for review and action.
- Provide a report of all savings achieved at the end of each month to the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain.
- To review and action the GRNI report in time to meet month end deadlines and resolve any invoice queries as per the relevant contractual payment terms and conditions.
- To ensure that core returns are tracked and shipped back to the supplier within the designated time constraints detailed within the OEM agreement.
- To send details of any items registered un-serviceable to the planning department so that they can complete an internal repair order.
- To expedite Purchase Order expected delivery dates and update the order details as necessary to ensure that the requested delivery date is met where possible
- Work closely with internal stakeholders at all UK Aviation sites, supporting budgetary spend adherence and compliance with the delegation of authority.
- Provide customs clearance instructions and maintain the import log at all times, filing all clearances and associated documentation.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and action any required tasks as necessary.
- To be compliant with the Company procurement strategy and key performance indicators (KPI) within the department.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as requested by your Line Manager
- Site visits across the Air Business Unit and to key suppliers as required and requested
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times. direction