Plymouth , United Kingdom
£11.45 - £14.23 p/hr
6 months ago
Techniche Global are working with a manufacturer of luxury products to appoint Carpenters - we are looking for skilled and entry level Carpenters to work 40 hrs per week (Mon – Thurs).
Working in teams led by a Team Leader to construct boats ready for dispatch, main duties will consist of fitting out cabins (bedrooms), galleys (kitchens), lounges, crew quarters, doors, furniture, upholstered panels and bathrooms to a very high standard of finish through excellent application of scribing and classic carpentry techniques.
Skilled applicants need the ability to read and understand scaled drawings, plus, the competence to work within tight tolerances with high value lacquered veneers and solid wood products. Building to the required quality standard to defined deadlines is a key element of the role.
- Assemble pre-cut parts from the CNC facility supplied in Job Packs be able to identify panels by numbers
- Be able to read information in Job Packs and be able to produce items of furniture ready for fitting to boats on the production line. Update stored information in Job Packs as and when changes occur.
- Be competent in using wood cutting machinery i.e. Panel Saw, Cross Cut, Overhead Router, Band Saw, Chop Saw & Table Sander. (Full Training will be given before using any of the above)
- Be competent in using small handheld power tools i.e. Electric Drill, Hand Held Router, Jig Saw, Rotary Sander, Hand Held Trimmer & Battery Drill. (Full Training will be given before using any of the above)
- Read and understand drawings supplied by design and take printed dimensions and turn them into cut panels, edge with veneer where required and assemble
- To understand and work within all aspects of the company health and safety policy
- Be able to fit into and work within a team environment
- To produce and maintain a high standard of work at all times even under pressure
Skilled Carpenter (£14.23 p/hr) + o/t
- NVQ Level 3 Carpentry & Joinery required (or equivalent). Either 5 years’ experience or an NVQ Level 3 Carpentry & Joinery required.
Entry Level Carpenter (£11.45 p/hr) + o/t
- Good general DIY skills
- Basic Carpentry knowledge – essential
- Level 1 or 2 NVQ in Carpentry – desired not essential
- Previous similar role with elements of basic Carpentry for a minimum of 1 year
If you have the necessary skills and experience, APPLY NOW!