£24 - 28/hour
21 days ago
Working with one of the UK's leading car manufacturers, the Chassis Design Engineer will be responsible or developing chassis systems and components to meet vehicle specification targets to cost, quality and time.
The role will allow for remote working, with expectation of being in the office up to 3 days/week. 12 month rolling contract with excellent prospects for further extensions.
- Conduct design reviews for responsible components at appropriate milestone timings
- Manage suppliers to meet cost, quality and time
- Provide technical support to other functions where necessary
- Conduct benchmarking and trend analysis for vehicles, components and systems.
- Degree or HND qualified in relevant discipline
- Able to use 3D viewing tools (NX Teamcentre)
- Experience of chassis engineering with an OEM or Tier 1 supplier.
- Able to work autonomously and manage suppliers
- Full UK/EU driving license
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships and effective communication with all stakeholders
Pay Rate: £24.48/hour PAYE plus £3.67/hr holiday pay; time and a half overtime after 39 hours at £36.72/hour.
Salary equivalent £49-50,000 p/a + 26 days holiday plus BH