Plymouth , United Kingdom
£41.32 p/hr Ltd
8 months ago
Techniche Global are working with an Engineering Defence company to recruit a Civil Engineer (structural). The role is to support a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard for the design and build of major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence.
- Develop scope and requirements for civil / structural related elements of Enabling Works scope – which may be delivered at project level or with Design House support.
- Provide civil / structural input to multi-disciplinary elements of Enabling Works Scope.
- Communicate and liaise with Enabling Works stakeholders, other Design Leads and Enabling Works project team.
- Agree and articulate how the Enabling Works design packages will support implementation of main construction.
- As individual packages dictate produce design deliverables, or manage production by others for review and approval in accordance with Business Management System and MIP Design & Safety Manual.
- Plan for effective project implementation ensuring compliance with all relevant company/project arrangements, including for example CDM, BIM.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks (Health, Safety & Environmental) associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline eg. Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council, or working towards.
Sound understanding and application of relevant:
- Industry legislation, Codes and Standards
- Design Engineering Practices
- Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements
Candidates must be able to obtain SC Clearance.