Plymouth , United Kingdom
£41.32 p/hr Ltd
11 months ago
Techniche Global are working with an Engineering Defence company to recruit a Principal Engineer. The role is to support a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard for the design and build of major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence.
- Work with the Design Leads, Design Houses to develop/mature the existing and/or new system and sub-system requirements.
- Provide Requirements and System Engineering guidance and best practices such as model based systems engineering to the Design Leads and Design Houses to ensure that the Requirements and System Engineering activities conducted add value to the programme.
- Prepare and generate reports as required on Requirements compliance, gap analyses with associated statistics.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks (Health, Safety & Environmental) associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
- A degree in an appropriate engineering or environmental discipline e.g. Civil Engineering or Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council, or working towards or registered INCOSE Engineer with or working towards a professional registration (ASEP/CSEP).
- Requirements management experience in an Infrastructure (i.e. Facilities Engineering) context, preferably also including Buildings and Civil Engineering)
- Have a sound understanding of construction design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements;
- Have a sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety, Environment and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures;
Candidates must be able to obtain SC Clearance.