Bristol , United Kingdom
£47.10 PAYE | £62.50 Ltd per hour
over 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join an marine engineering defence company. Supporting growth within the commercial function, you will report to the Head of Commercial and provide commercial management and development activities to enable us to drive forward our commitments to customers and the Group. You will be required to provide commercial support, including developing the commercial strategy for specific projects or contracts by maintaining and maximising profitability and, to provide support to various stakeholders on general commercial matters.
Main responsibilities for this role will include providing commercial support through tendering phase, understanding and negotiating contract terms for projects and mitigating risks.
We are involved in a range of Projects, running a variety of commercial and Ministry of Defence Contracts and are looking for experienced Commercial Lead / Contracts Specialist looking to progress their career and join our team. Ideal candidates will have experience in civil nuclear, engineering and/or manufacturing environments. You will have an excellent ability to read and understand contract clauses, you will have an in depth understanding of contract price build ups and proven experience manging contractual relationships between clients, customers and contractors and be adept at communicating to all levels within the business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Law, Quantity Surveying or Business or qualified through experience.
- Extensive Tendering experience with ability to lead from a commercial perspective both pre award and post award of contract.
- Risk Awareness and Mitigation - Ability to identify business, corporate risks and contract risks and develop mitigation plans with operational teams
- Negotiation - Ability to lead major complex negotiations in partnering ways which deliver client and internal expectations
- Contractual Development - ability to draft, negotiate and implement agreements and contracts
- Contract Management - ability to provide advice at the right time to avoid disputes and help operational teams to continually improve and grow contracts
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges/ competencies:
- Commercial Analysis of Business, Opportunities and Contracts
- General Financial analysis of bids and contracts
- Risk Analysis
- Expert analysis of terms, agreements and contracts
- Negotiation skills
This is an initial 6 month contract and will be based in Bristol – travel to other UK sites may be required.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, APPLY NOW!