Plymouth, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint a Commercial Support Officer to assist in the securing of work with acceptable terms by undertaking the preparation of commercial elements for tenders, tasking forms and Contract Amendments (as applicable) together with assisting in the Prime Contracts.
You will assist and maintain the commercial point of contact to the Customer(s) together with the provision of commercial representation at Customer progress meetings. You will be supporting the Senior Commercial Officers and QS’s in general commercial support, logging of data, provision of records and dealing with contract administrative tasks.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in acting as a point of contact with regard to contractual and commercial issues for both the Company project teams and the Customer.
- Implement tendering/contracting policies and procedures in support of the submission of Subcontract tenders, tasking forms, and Contract Amendments.
- Review received Invitations to Tender, subsequently assist with commercial evaluation and bid management against corporate contracting policy and preparation of evaluation reports, which include commercial and technical evaluations and assist in recommendations for bid/no-bid management approval.
- Assist in preparing draft contracts and commercial elements of tender submissions.
- Negotiate Subcontract agreements and sign within financial levels of authority.
- Assist in the negotiation and resolution of claims both for and against the Company, within financial levels of authority.
- Advise Project Managers/Staff with regard to commercial issues.
- Assist in monitoring Sub Contract performance against contractual obligations.
- Propose improvements to departmental policy, procedures and systems/processes.
- Provide management information as required.
- Undertake contractual administration.
- Support procurement and supply chain activity.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Education of HNC standard, preferably in Engineering or Business Studies or a legal/CIPS/IACCM qualification.
- A reasonable understanding of Ministry of Defence and commercial based contractual Terms and Conditions
- Good planning, organisational and administration skills Ability to work on own initiative
- General Contracting knowledge NEC 4 Experience desirable
- Logical and organised approach required