£24.48 - 28.18 per hour
6 months ago
Working for a major automotive manufacturer in Bedford, the Connected Car TCU Design & Application Engineer will be implementing on-board telematic systems for new vehicles.
Job Duration – 12 months rolling
39 core working hours Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1.20pm
Pay Rate: £24.48/hour plus time and a half overtime after 39 hours at £36.72/hour. Salary equivalent £49-50,000 p/a
- Implementation of on-board telematics systems for vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia.
- Generation and release of TCU configuration data for European & Russian vehicles
- Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
- Coordination of in house and supplier TCU validation to Nissan design standards ahead of new SW releases
- Collaboration with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to confirm system performance for remote commands
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
- Status reporting to management at all levels.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, System Engineering or related.
- 2+ years experience of vehicle development with an OEM, MNO or Tier 1
- Experience delivering automotive electronic systems and features
- Experience of BOM management, component, and configuration release