Plymouth , United Kingdom
£60 p/hr Ltd / £45 p/hr PAYE
3 months ago
Rate: £60 p/hr Ltd / £45 p/hr PAYE
Security Clearance: Desirable
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a UK Defence Contractor to appoint a Construction Manager to support three Programmes of work. We are looking to fill this post as soon as possible as there are a range of works already taking place and there is about to be a significant ramp up in these works.
The Programmes of work are all taking place in a nuclear Submarine refit facility and the Construction Manager will be required to oversee all of the works taking place on this complex site ensuring that the physical works are integrated and undertaken in a safe manner. This will involve working alongside three Programme managers and a range of other organisations also undertaking works on the same site.
You will preferably have experience of supervising multi-disciplinary works in a nuclear environment. The type of works included in the Programme Managers scope include:
- Overhaul and/or replacement of existing equipment,
- Strip, refurbishment and re-instatement of services in subway systems,
- A range of civil construction works from simple breeze block construction to seismically qualified re-enforced concrete installation,
- Completion of the commissioning of complex Nuclear Submarine defuelling plant.
- Refurbishment of dockside cranes etc.
The works are currently in various states of progress from scope identification stage to commissioning of a nearly complete facility. There are also a range of other organisations undertaking a variety of maintenance and upkeep works in the same vicinity, and the post holder will have to understand how these will be integrated with the programme of works above.