Plymouth , United Kingdom
£17.25 (PAYE) or £22 (Ltd) per hour
about 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Constructive Design Engineer to join a multinational engineering defence company, based in Plymouth.
Due to unprecedented growth and ambitious future plans to double turnover within the business unit, you will join the expanding Design team and be responsible for the planning and production of drawings and associated documentation in support of Design Projects.
- Preparation / production of working drawings
- Liaise with Project/Production/Contractors/Equipment Suppliers to overcome installation problems and provide support with technical queries
- Assist Production/Test Groups with the compilation of Test Forms/Procedures
- Develop innovative design solutions in reaction to operational defects or revised customer requirement
- Approach equipment suppliers requesting technical specifications, price and lead time
- Produce information and consider safety implications of designs in order to satisfy HAZOP requirements
- ONC or equivalent engineering academic qualification
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship scheme or equivalent
- A basic understanding of the 'Through Life' documentation support requirements of the Ministry of Defence.
- Understanding of engineering principles within a constructive field (welding, fabrication, steelwork etc)
- An understanding of Risk Management
- AutoCAD experience or similar design tools
Successful applicants will need to have previous Marine experience and be able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements.
If you have the necessary Skills and experience, APPLY NOW!