Poole, United Kingdom
over 1 year ago
Our client is a Global Leader in the Oil & Energy Industry and they are seeking to appoint a Contract Project Manager to join their team in Poole, Dorset UK.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager from Oil & Gas/ Refining / Petrochemical / Power / Boiler / Heating plant to join a Project Management team committed to best in class project management of projects executed out of Europe and the Middle East supporting the EMEA business.
You will be in charge of the management of contracts for the major petrochemical industry players. Working with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, you will be responsible for the on-time delivery, budget and quality of the project and form a critical link with the Sales, Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure the efficient management of projects.
Skills & Experience required
- Solid relevant industrial and site experience serving in the Refining / Petrochemical / Power / Boiler / Heating plant
- Demonstratable track record of delivering relevant projects on time, cost, quality and stakeholder satisfaction
- Well organized and able to work independently with Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Technical proficiency to understand process engineering, ability to read mechanical and electrical engineering drawings, process flow diagrams and P&ID.
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites across the globe without restrictions
The position will see the Project Manager spending a split of time between customer and visits and office-based activity, which will be determined according to the business requirement, and as such the successful candidate should be equally comfortable with these requirements.
The successful applicant will execute projects such that they deliver a proven customer preference in the region. They will manage all customer expectations to deliver projects on time, cost, quality and stakeholder satisfaction.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Chemical or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree
- Strong proficiency in English language and strong report writing skills
- Basic understanding of electrical and instrumentation systems
- Basic understanding of structural and pipework design and fabrication
- Experience with end user interactions
- Previous project experience of Burners, Boilers, Flares, Thermal oxidizers in $1-$10m
- PMP Qualification or similar
- MS Project experience / qualification
- Understanding of regional travel requirements / expectations
Successful applicants must be fully eligible to live & work in the UK and able to travel across Europe without restrictions.