€45-55k + 5% Bonus
18 days ago
Control Systems Consultant – MES Pharmaceutical Sector
Vacancy highlights and key points:
- 1-2 years work experience
- Must have Pharma, Life Sciences, Laboratory experience
- Engineering, technology, or systems knowledge
- 25-50% travel around the German region
- Pool car provided for any travel
- €45-55k + 5% Bonus
Must Live locally to either:
- Munich, Germany
- Karlsruhe, Germany
The functional consultant role is responsible for the functional design and scope of software components to create reliable software solutions that meet the requirements of our customers. The software components will be developed on top of our MES/MOM software products - mainly Factory Talk Production Center®, PharmaSuite® and other industry 4.0 relevant software components.
The role involves working with global project delivery teams and face-to-face with our customers in an international environment which demands frequent travelling for short periods. The role also requires collaborating with internal departments (Pre-Sales, PM, Development and QA), being responsible for the overall functional solution architecture and supporting the customer (on-site or remote) in defining and configuring our solution. The working environment is a fast-paced project environment. The candidate is expected to be cost sensitive, driving, but always quality and customer focused. Excellent communication and coordination skills are key for this position.
- Serves as the primary interface for functional topics with the customer for assigned implementation projects – “Face to customer”
- Requires broad application/functional knowledge relevant to the assigned business team and manufacturing area (Initial focus on Life Science industry).
- Must be able to work also in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills especially in front of the customer.
- Must perform duties in the office or outside the office as part of a project team.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites (~ 50% of working time, valid under non COVID19 conditions)
- Leads functional execution of challenging Life Science MES implementation projects in consulting the customer.
- Performs detailed process analysis and functional system/process design and configuration activities.
- Will model pilot use cases and run respective demo presentation sessions (Proof Of Concepts) in front of the customer.
- Will consult / train customer peers on provided solutions.
- Participation on demand in commercial proposal development activities.
- Will create Solution/Process Design that are aligned with the allowed extension use case of e.g. PharmaSuite® and will convert those into functional specifications which serves as baseline for the following customer review and approval, software development and configuration, validation and maintenance activities.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, design budgets, and customer satisfaction targets from functional/solution aspect point of view.
- Builds partnerships at a functional requirement level with customer counterparts.
- Must be commercially aware of the impact to the business related to the selected solution design and configuration.
- May perform fit-gap-analysis and configure / showcase functional aspects and solution designs for commercial proposals.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies, and procedures as appropriate for this project role.
- Responsible for delivering projects that meet the quality systems of the customer and the Life Cycle Services business unit.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, computer science discipline or equivalent scientific degree.
- Industry manufacturing process and/or application knowledge ideally in Life Science is a plus.
- Very good Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Excellent German and English language skills (verbal and written).
- Other languages are a plus.
- Valid work permit for Germany.
- At least 1 year experience in a consulting customer facing position, preferably in the Manufacturing Execution System and/or Life Science space.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with respect to managing internal teams as well as being permanent face to face contact for the customer related to all functional aspects.
- Willingness for global travel – approx. 50% of working time (under normal conditions!).