£24 - 28/hour
about 1 month ago
Working with a leading automotive manufacturer, the Cost Engineer will have responsibility for promoting the cost reduction strategy for a number of R&D vehicle projects.
This role will allow hybrid working, with up to three days in the office.
- Lead cross functional cost reduction projects
- Work with design engineers to identify new cost reduction opportunities and support delivery of existing cost reduction projects.
- Provide expert support to the engineers regarding sources of data, systems and processes.
- To lead cost reduction projects at a company level
- To be the expert trainer for cost systems, processes and idea generation
- Identify and promote ideas with high saving potential
- Ideally qualified with an engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of vehicle components, systems and the vehicle development processes
- Detailed knowledge of component manufacturing and cost drivers
The role is available on a 12 month rolling contract with a pay rate of £24.48/hour plus holiday and pension accrual. Salary equivalent circa £49-50,000 p/a