Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40.00 - £45.00 per hour
21 days ago
Cost Engineer (Construction)
Rate: £40-45 per hour (Outside IR-35)
Duration: 6 months
Techniche are working with a large Marine Engineering Manufacturer who are seeking an experienced Cost Engineer with construction industry knowledge for a period of initially 6 months.
The Cost Engineer shall be professionally accountable to the Head of Cost Control. Day-to-day functional management will be via the local project team.
- Proven experience in applying budgeting and cost control techniques within a complex environment
- Awareness of various contracting methodologies (eg FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
- Advanced knowledge of cost management techniques
- Have intermediate to advanced Excel skills, good knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems (experience utilising IFS is an asset).
- Have a professional qualification (eg APM/Acoste/RICS) (or equivalent)
- Have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (written and oral) and a good understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies.
- Lastly, experience within the Naval Marine Industry, or other highly regulated industry (but not essential).
- The Cost Engineer shall be professionally accountable to the Head of Cost Control
- Day-to-day functional management will be via the local project team.
- Assisting with develop the project cost control strategy, plans and procedures, reflecting both company and subcontractor roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding how the contract type used (i.e. target price, fixed price etc.) can affect the total project cost.
- Participating in the development of project execution plans. Participating in the development of estimates and studies within a project stage and for sanction. Coordinating and develop appropriate control budgets consistent with project estimate.
- Ensure that all project costs are captured. Data gathering for reporting and analysis purposes
- Preparing monthly project performance reports. Collecting and compiling progress and cost data, and develop cost-control worksheets and reports for review by delivery teams. Providing cost input to closeout process.
- As part of the project close-out procedure, provide data to the Cost Estimators to assist with analysis of project costs (post final account); for future benchmarking.
- Coordinate preparation of cost risk analysis.
- Review financial data related to accruals, invoice payments, purchase orders and material deliveries and other financial data.
- Provide cost input to and implement the cost element of change management procedures.
- Link risk process to change process and estimate; provide cost input to and implement the cost element of the risk management plan.
- Coordinating and developing project work-in-progress, commitment and estimate at complete forecasts.
- Coordinating and developing project annual-spend projections, cost reconciliations and variance analyses.