Home Based / Remote, United Kingdom
£450 - £490 per day
8 months ago
Data Engineer / BI Developer
-Current & Valid SC Security Clearance is essential for all applicants
-Urgent Contract Assignment
-3 Month Contract Assignment Initially
-£450-490 per day
• The primary role is to provide day to day management, and administration of Group SQL 2017 Analytic platforms and services. The goal is to deliver an open, secure, robust, scalable, reliable and high-performance solution.
• You will work closely with the data, network, application and analytic teams to make sure that all the BI/Analytic services are highly available and performing as expected. Experience with capacity planning and estimating the requirements for lowering or increasing the capacity of the services will be helpful.
• The role could also involve providing input into the design for new or enhanced BI/Analytic services, both on-premis and potentially cloud, as requirements grow.
• 5 or more years’ experience in supporting Microsoft SQL 2017 or above Data & BI platforms.
• Ideally 2 or more years’ experience in designing, running and troubleshooting unstructured data analytic platforms both on-premis or in Azure.
• Experience in working on implementing and supporting high availability Microsoft SQL based data platforms within secure, regulated industries
• Preferably 3 or more years of experience in information-intensive industries or digitally advanced enterprises
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work across teams to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
• Practical experience in the following data related platforms or technology:
• Strong experience in supporting Microsoft SQL 2017 or above data platforms including database administration and querying (SQL).
• Experience of Microsoft Azure Data & Big Data platforms and services
• Good knowledge of basic network protocols (e.g. IP, UDP, TCP), OS network stacks.
The following would be advantageous but not necessary:
• Splunk toolsets (data loading, support and analysis)
• Any other experience in designing/implementing/supporting Big Data/Text Analytics/Image Analytic platforms.
• Kerberos, SSL certificates
• Scripting (e.g. R, Python, Perl).
• NoSQL databases (e.g HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB).h