Peterborough, United Kingdom
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum + benefits
about 2 months ago
£50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Peterborough (Occasional travel may be required to dealerships in the region)
Techniche Global is working closely with a Global Manufacturing Organisation based in Peterborough. The company are seeking to appoint an experienced Warranty Manager with strong Aftersales & Parts knowledge. The role will be responsible for 3-5 direct reports. The team will consist of parts coordinators, technical support technicians and warranty claims specialists.
This role has an extremely heavy focus on Warranty Management experience. Dealing and managing complex international warranty claims via multi-layered dealer networkers across the globe.
- Warranty management experience
- Warranty claims via dealers.
- Warranty claims internationally.
- Warranty performance and conversion improvements
- Warranty cost, performance, ratios, metrics
- Experience in a Parts Management, Technical Services, Engineering components or parts role
- Experience within an engineering parts industry sector such as; Automotive, Aerospace, Marine, Heavy Engineering
- Recent and functional knowledge of aftersales computer systems, parts database systems and processes
- Management & leadership experience (overseeing more than 2 people)
- Commercially astute
- Problem solver and decision maker.
- Analytically minded, with the ability to manipulate and present data effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
The Parts Manager will oversee the parts sales and warranty processes. Providing oversight to the team and the processing of sales orders and warranty claims.
- Ensuring the highest levels of dealer support is provided for end user satisfaction and retention is achieved.
- Developing and delivering a progressive dealer & product support offering.
- Managing all warranty claims.
- Owning and managing the warranty process, including investigation and corrective actions.
- Supporting continuous improvement processes regarding product quality, working with Design, Production & Supply Chain as required
- Acting as a main contact for Dealers.
- Providing technical product support to dealers and their customers to ensure all product ranges are operated within their parameters.
- Authorising warranty or goodwill support in line with the Company authorisation matrix to achieve budgetary requirements.
- Maintaining and reviewing monthly metrics associated to warranty claims and special projects, as required.
- Performing warranty reviews on incoming claims, ensuring the product is within warranty and the supporting documentation is correct for each claim.
- Ensuring all claims are input accurately into the ERP and record system.
- Responsible for the profitable operation of spare parts & company obsolete parts business, ensuring appropriate stock is held and managed, competitive pricing, and offering seasonal promotions through a range of avenues & markets.
- Producing accurate and timely quotations for field support work outside warranty period.
- Ensuring all reporting systems and tools are kept up to date and communicated on time.
- Controlling and minimising the financial impact to the business.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and upholding Company policies and procedures.
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may be required from time to time.