Remote / Home Based, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
Delivery Operations Manager (North Africa)
UK & North Africa Based (Nigeria, Libya, Algeria)
Techniche is working with a Global Technology Engineering organisation who are developing operations in North Africa. We are supporting them with appointing an experienced Professional in supporting start up engineering delivery services to clients in this region.
This will be an extremely varied role that will require time spent working in the UK, Europe and an extended period in North Africa; primarily Nigeria initially.
The organisation has already commenced engineering project services in this region and have a vast customer base. The purpose of this role will be to further support the initial infrastructure and presence of the business within the region including:
- Establishing office operations
- Liaising with client and customers
- Recruiting personnel
- Managing on going projects
- Developing business opportunities
- Working with the international group to ensure process and quality standards are met
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a comprehensive understanding of the Oil and Gas business.
- Previous experience of developing delivery and support teams.
- Business Development - previous experience in delivering business growth in challenging regions.
- Experience of working for extended periods in challenging regions.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Working with Service & Support management to help develop and execute strategies for growing support in challenging regions.
- Help setup support teams from within country to service and support new projects and existing installed base.
- Working with Support Managers and Sales help to identify and develop support opportunities from within country.
- Help to enhance and broaden the support business to existing customers and grow the support business to new customers.
- Provide assistance in managing and recruiting of personnel.
- Extensive travel is required for this role. Visits may take the form of long term assignments where the manager is expected to remain in country until the defined strategy has been put in place