Oundle, United Kingdom
£32,000 - £38,000
6 months ago
Techniche Global are working closely with a Luxury Yacht manufacturer in Northamptonshire. We are supporting them with growing their Design House as they embark upon developing their next generation of Luxury Motor Yachts and Sports Craft,
We have an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to enter the Marine sector. A background in any Design Engineering will be considered at all levels.
There are multiple vacancies within the Design Studio with some focussing on new designs with others working on customisations to exsisiting craft to customers bespoke specificaitons.
- Carry out custom 3D design work as requested by the customer and additional to the current product line
- Working within the design and engineering office to fulfil any model upgrade projects.
- Working with a team of designers / naval architects to optimize the overall design in performance and build efficiency.
- Produce drawings to a production level, including detailed system drawings, schematics, installations, and internal / external outfitting components, to enable the production team and external contractors to efficiently produce the yacht and its components.
- Liaise with the production line to discuss Design requirements / Problems and resolutions.
- Experienced with 3D CAD software, ideally NX but others will be considered
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good communication and problem solving ability
Candidates from other industries including but not limited to Automotive, Motorsport, Aerospace, Defence and Rolling Stock are encourage to apply due to highly transferrable skillsets.