Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40.00 - £50.00 per hour
4 months ago
Design Layout Manager
Location: Plymouth (Full Time)
Rate: £40-50 per hour (Outside IR-35)
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Contractor who are seeking an experienced Design & Construction engineer to oversee Site wide design layout on large scale facilities projects. This is a long term infrastructure project in Plymouth.
• Have a minimum of 5 years in the Design and Construction of Facilities Engineering
• The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design and construction lifecycle.
• Knowledge of BIM level 2 suite, but also new emerging standards ISO 19650
• BIM naming conventions, status codes and revisions. But also object naming standards BS 8541:* Awareness of COBIe, IFC and Uniclass
• Using a Common Data Environment (CDE) to follow the ISO 19650 method of collaboration.
• Competent user with a good understanding of the following platforms; Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD, Inventor, Civils 3D. Must be able to create content in these platforms for the purposes of the project.
• Have a sound understanding of construction design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements;
• Have a sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety, Environment and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures;
Purpose of the role
• Manage the assembly of the various design packages into a co-ordinated overall Facility Layout which demonstrates functional and efficient capability.
• Co-ordinate output from BIM processes and procedures to manage the location of facility systems within the overall Facility Model.
• Ensure that model embodies practical, feasible and satisfactory interaction solutions between facility systems.
• Manage BIM federation activities, and maintaining a defined and structured set of BIM objects contained within a wider BIM data set.
• Manage BIM Model Authors and Layout Engineer and their day-to-day activities.
• Interact and liaise with the wider stakeholders, including Design Leads, Design Houses, , Safety Case Team, Project Management Team & Customer
A More details and comprehensive job spec can be provided upon application