Plymouth, United Kingdom
£60.00 per hour (LTD Outside IR-35)
about 1 year ago
Design Manager (Construction & Engineering)
Location: Plymouth (Full Time)
Rate: £60 per hour (Outside IR-35)
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Contractor who are seeking an experienced Construction & Engineering projects Design Manager. This is a long term infrastructure project in Plymouth.
The Design Manager position will be responsible for leading or supporting a design team delivering complex nuclear and non-nuclear projects. It will be managing both new-build infrastructure as well as projects relating to the development of existing dockyard and marine facility buildings & associated plant.
The role will also provide cover for the BIM Manager during any absence. As well as approving, managing and supervising the process for developing all graphical, non-graphical and document information relating to infrastructure and equipment for both Nuclear Safety Related and Non- Nuclear facilities.
- Experience in a Design Manager, Design Authority or Design Leadership Capacity
- Experienced in the design and substantiation of engineering systems.
- Experienced in leading, motivating and supporting design teams.
- Experienced in design process management.
- Working within strict regulatory environments (safety, quality and security)
- Knowledgeable of operating within marine, defence, nuclear or other high-hazard environments
- Implementing design processes and contributing to their ongoing development.
- Helping to develop and sustain a Design Authority capability.
- Defining and maintaining the Design Intent of a wide range of facilities and assets.
- Managing technical design packages.
- Planning for effective project implementation and lead in the technical planning process.
- Ensuring that effective safety quality management arrangements are in place and adhered to.
- Liaising closely with other teams and stakeholders.