Burghfield, United Kingdom
£19.13 per hour (PAYE) or £25.00 per hour (LTD / Umbrella)
about 1 year ago
Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Technician
EXISTING & VALID SC SECURITY CLEARANCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS CONTRACT
Location: Burghfield, Berkshire
Duration: 12 months
-Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation experience (Electrical Bias)
-Relevant Engineering qualification
-Experience of working on a highly regulated site (Nuclear / Marine / Defence)
1) Report to the Site Supervisor or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety.
2) Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
3) Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
4) Work in compliance with the requirements of the CSG Health and Safety Procedures (CSG-PRD-HSE-0).
5) Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
6) Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line with CSG-PRD-HSE-4 and in particular Live Working Restrictions.
7) Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Engineer before proceeding further.
8) Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
9) Build only to the Print’ in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
10) Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of works on site.
11) Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of safety and Company policy.
12) Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
13) Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs