Plymouth, United Kingdom
£40 - £50,000
8 months ago
A unique opportunity for an Environmental Manager to work with one of the UK's premium marine brands.
The role of the Environmental Manager will be to oversee the environmental performance of the organisation and to develop, implement and monitor environmental strategies that promote sustainable development.
- Implementing environmental policies and practices
- Devising strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice
- Devising the best tools and systems to monitor performance and to implement strategies
- Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation
- Management of accreditation of ISO14001-2015 (external audit management)
- Assessing, analysing and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies
- Confirming that materials, ingredients and so on are ethically or environmentally sourced
- Managing environmental strategy budgets (assisting Group Head of SHE)
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A degree or higher national diploma (HND), degree or IOSH Diploma in Environmental mangement or an environment-related subject which includes but is not limited to; environmental sciences/management, biosciences, applied science’.
- Knowledge of Environmental standards ISO 14001-2015
- A chartered member of IEMA
- Demonstrable experience perfoming in a similar role within manufacturing/ industry/ maritme sector etc.