Lewes, United Kingdom
£35-40 per hour (Outside of IR-35)
about 1 month ago
Electrical Design Engineer
Location: Lewes, Sussex
5 days office based, full-time.
Contract – OUTSIDE OF IR-35
Duration: 6 months initially
Rate: £35-40 per hour
Techniche have an urgent requirement for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer. This is a long term assignment with an Advanced Engineering Technology organisation.
The role will be 5 days per week in the design office (Covid secure working environment).
This will be working within a multidisciplinary design team and alongside a dedicated Controls Engineer.
The role will be supporting full Electrical Design Engineering of complex high powered special purpose machinery and low voltage control systems.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years Electrical Design Engineering experience
- Electrical Design of Special Purpose Machinery or Process Plant
- Design of Electrical Schematics
- AutoCAD experience (AutoCAD Electrical would be advantageous)
- Cable sizing, electrical calculations, up to date regulations, some hazardous area knowledge
- Create/oversee the generation of system drawings at feasibility, concept and scheme design stages.
- Create/oversee the generation of Electrical design and installation drawings as followed:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and part lists.
- Block interface drawings, end connection drawings, cable schedules, electrical power and distribution drawings.
- Generation of Electrical design control panel drawings as followed:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and bill of materials.
- Electrical Schematics and terminal arrangements.
- Generation of technical specifications, installation specifications reports and calculations.
- Create/oversee the preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation.