Bristol or Plymouth or Rosyth or Bideford or Lichfield or Warrington, United Kingdom
£27.00 - £33.00 per hour (Currently Outside of IR-35)
10 months ago
Location: Various different UK office locations available. Full time office role (Covid Secure environment)
Locations include: Bristol, Plymouth, Rosyth, Bideford, Lichfield or Warrington.
Hours: 36 per week
Duration: 6 Months initially
Rate: £27-33 per hour (currently LTD outside of IR35)
Start Date: November, December or January.
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Technology contractor who are building a team of 15 Electrical Designers for work on a new Marine Defence Project.
This will initially be for a period of 6 months but is expected to extend beyond as the project develops.
Due to the vast scope for the project we can consider contractors working in any of the 6 listed office locations: Bristol, Plymouth, Rosyth, Bideford, Lichfield or Warrington.
This will be a full-time office based role. Exisiting security clearance is not required, all clearances will be provided. All positions must start between now and January 2021.
This role is responsible for the creation of drawings, technical documentation and other design deliverables to specified standards.
Specifically, this role requires; a good understanding of Electrical and Marine systems applicable to Naval Ships and the associated engineering and design and installation standards.
- Experience working on UK marine shipbuilding projects,
- Ideally within the Defence Naval sector (frigates, aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, submarines etc)
- Design experience on new builds and Installation Solutions for marine vessels (Alterations & Additions for existing ships or submarines)
- Experience interpreting electrical single line diagrams / block diagrams / schematics & standard design details for power & control and instrumentation systems
- CAD skill experience, creating 3D cable containment models (Ladder / Tray / Basket / Transits)
- Using one or some of the following packages: Foran, Tribon, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Hexagon S3D or other similar modelling packages
- Experience designing and managing the routing of electrical cables using appropriate standards, software and segregation rules to produce Black-line production outputs
- Experience preparing & producing 2D electrical marine drawing deliverables to required standards & within budget / schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings)
- Good understanding of naval marine, engineering & design practices
- Experience of working through a design lifecycle with a particular focus on detail design
- Ability to liaise with colleagues & stakeholders to resolve issues during the design lifecycle (design and spatial integration reviews)
- Experience producing & updating ‘as-built’ / datum pack documentation.