£40-50 per hour
5 months ago
Electrical Engineer (Site Services)
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Hours: 36 per week
Duration: 12 Months initially
Rate: £40-50 per hour
EXISTING SC SECURITY CLEARANCE IS PREFERRED FOR THIS ROLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL (Valid & used within the last 12 months). Otherwise applicants must be eligible to achieve SC Clearance.
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Technology contractor who are seeking an Electrical Engineer for work on Site Services Projects to be based on site at the Davenport Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon.
This will initially be for a period of 12 months.
To assist the Electrical Services Engineering Lead in delivery of the electrical services related engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the electrical services engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Electrical Services Engineering Lead.
- Design of electrical building services, to include fire detection and alarm systems, industrial lighting and emergency lighting, site broadcast (PA) and HVAC;
- Design low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of communications and data systems;
- Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to post and project requirements.
- Sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Health and Safety, Design and quality
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required for the technical delivery of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design or undertake detailed design activities to suit the design delivery strategy.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements.
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
Details of the Assignment:
Within SQEP profile, supervising, preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within the company's licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
Participate in the problem solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
To manage design work packages as Engineer, responsible as appointed by Manager. Supporting planning of activities, with respect to task durations, level of effort and estimated costs, through to provision of design deliverables with regular schedule reviews and progress reporting, utilising
Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
Make effective use of Learn from Experience information to develop and disseminate theoretical knowledge in relation to practical engineering and to maintain a record of development to substantiate the skills achieved.
Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all Facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and DNSP's for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
Support the on-site inspection of DRDL assets for their construction, maintenance and modification.
Maintain familiarity with DRDL procedures used within Facilities Engineering.