Shoeburyness , United Kingdom
29 days ago
Techniche Global is supporting a Leading UK Defence Organisation who are looking to appoint a Engineering Technician. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of technicians and engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence assets and munitions through vibration, shock, climatic & radiography tests.
You will be an integral part of the team at the Environmental Test Centre at MOD Shoeburyness.
You will work alongside the Team Leaders and Test Engineers to help them deliver complex testing of high value assets. We are looking for candidates with practical, hands on experience of mechanical engineering, assembly or fitting to support the set up and rigging of Environmental Tests along with the day to day running of tests.
You will support the assessment of asset performance within the demanding environments that the systems will be subjected to throughout their operational life by simulating some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for service.
- You will support the set-up and conduct of tests under the supervision of engineers to meet the customer specifications & in accordance with safe working procedures.
- Undertake duties assigned by the team leader & environmental test engineers.
- Ensure safe systems of work are adhered to at all times during environmental testing;
- Setting up of tests including rigging, building platforms, positioning and coupling of machinery and test equipment, handling of stores and equipment.
- Transportation of test items around the site.
- Supporting the running of tests including the set up of hardware, running and monitoring of test equipment
- Report progress of individual tasks
- Pro-actively support and contribute to company safety culture and undertake assigned activities to maintain and uphold safety standards.
- Knowledge and practical experience within Mechanical Engineering
- Must have driving licence and access to vehicle full time
- Must hold or be eligible to hold SC.
- Formal Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Track record of mechanical assembly, fitting, manufacturing etc.
- Forklift driver (or similar) licence
- Knowledge of environmental testing highly desirable
- Electrical/instrumentation experience