Croydon, United Kingdom
24 days ago
Role: Facilities Operative
Job type: Permanent, full time.
Hours: 42 hours per week, including 1 Saturday or Sunday a month (with a day off in lieu).
Benefits: Contributory pension, cycle to work scheme, life insurance, bonus, share purchase scheme.
Techniche Global are supporting a large manufacturer to appoint a Facilities Operative. You will be responsible to provide a clean and safe working environment.
· Carry out ad-hoc requests to clean toilets, floors, showers, canteens, and cloakrooms.
· Ensure any substances being used are covered by COSHH and carry out assessments as required for any new substances coming onto site, to then ensure this is escalated through the correct channels before any substance is used.
· Replenish where necessary toilet paper, soap dispensers, and air fresheners. Checks to be carried out around twice daily to ensure they do not run out.
· Ensure all production control rooms are cleaned to the standards required by the Company and/or Cleaning Contractor’s scope for the area.
· Ensure daily sweep and clean all external areas including all road paths and storage areas. Ensure all waste is disposed of through the correct waste streams.
· Ensure all drains are clean and kept free of leaves dirt and other debris to prevent blockages and to escalate if there are issues; whilst following a PPM regime for it.
· Full clean driving licence.
· Proficient in the use and maintenance of hand tools and equipment.
· Knowledge of basic gardening techniques, drainage, plumbing, carpentry, and facilities-related techniques.
· Basic record keeping.
· Proactive problem-solving approach and a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Proven communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
· The ability to work on own initiative.
· Able to manage multiple projects and priorities, under pressure.
· Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Basic DIY skills.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and requirements.