Peterborough, United Kingdom
£38,000 per annum
6 months ago
Facilities Project Engineer
Site based full time Monday – Friday
Techniche Global is working with a large manufacturing organisation based just outside of Peterborough in Oundle.
The company have a requirement for an inhouse Facilities Project Engineer to assist with company facilities used by the manufacturing and production parts of the business.
This role will be a blend of maintaining exisiting facilities equipment, finding solutions for facilities requirements from the manufacturing areas, as well as designing and overseeing the build of new equipment that facilities are responsible for.
The types of equipment that facilities are responsible for include Crane, overhead gantries, scaffolding framework and structures, protective curtains, large scale trolleys, storage, power for appliances etc.
This is a very large production facilities with numerous large scale warehouses that constantly require newly designed and produced equipment to aid the production and manufacturing process.
- Practical approach to problem solving supported by sound engineering aptitude.
- Working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Experience in a related field i.e. Site Engineering, Production Engineering, Facilities, Mechanical Design, Plant or Site Maintenance
- Appropriate IT skills including
- Experience of reading CAD drawings (not design)
- Must be highly motivated and able to work unsupervised in a demanding role
- Development of company facilities from design concept through the stages of project authorisation, implementation and final handover.
- Support business requirements for preventative and reactive maintenance support across all aspects of operations.
- Supplier, contractor and equipment selection, ensuring compliance to Health, Safety and Environmental regulations in addition to ensuring working practices employed are compliant to company procedures.
- Model opportunities for improvement and apply cost benefit analysis to proposed solutions before approval effective project delivery.
- Liaise with suppliers of services and goods to ensure good delivery of solutions for the internal customers.
- Designing Facilities solutions, enabling the implementation of solutions for both the manufacturing and strategic plans.
- Effective planning of Facilities projects to meet targets and to minimise the potential for business interruption.
- Controlling capital and revenue budgets
- Balancing reactive issues within the broader strategic plan.
- Opportunity validation via opportunity assessment and resource modelling for solutions.
- Good project management from initial scope to design and cost proposal, implementation and hand over.
- Maintenance tasks including problem diagnosis to successful resolution.
- Procedural compliance in terms of design, implementation and ongoing operation
- Procurement of parts and services via supplier identification, quotation, order placement, delivery and procurement closure.
- Gain sound understanding of all aspects of the Facilities provision
- Maintain appropriate records for both projects and operational requirements.
- Developing the project implementation plan and communicating the plan to all interested parties.
- Co-ordinating both external and internal resource as necessary to achieve the project plan.
- Liaison with the company Maintenance team for allocation of internal resources.