Plymouth, United Kingdom
£30.00 - £35.00 per hour (LTD Outside IR-35)
about 1 year ago
Rate: £30-35 per hour (LTD Outside IR-35)
Duration: 6 months
Techniche are working with a large Marine Engineering Manufacturer who are seeking an experienced Facility Support Engineer with Engineering Plant maintenance experience.
The Facility Support Engineer role monitors plant performance, analyses performance data, generates and circulates management information, including making proposals for performance, reliability and availability improvement.
- A background in Plant maintenance (mechanical, electrical, process, piping, HVAC etc)
- Experience in the management and oversight of operational plant
- Ability to document and report on plant operation, maintenance and modifications
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maximise equipment reliability and availability through monitoring plant reliability
- Proposing improvements for line management consideration.
- Gather, collate and analyse data in the maintenance management system, identify opportunities and make proposals for continuous improvement in maintenance service delivery, reliability and availability.
- Ensure all plant documentation is available to plant management including plant specifications, certificates, process documentation to ensure plant and equipment can be used and functions in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of plant, equipment and machinery to improve productivity, reliability and availability
- Monitor pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of plant and equipment, and report areas or instances of non-compliance
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for supply of new or modification and extension of existing plant and equipment to improve functionality or performance
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications
- Estimate cost of products, services and facility of plant and equipment, and evaluate and implement cost-savings and cost-saving methods for plant and equipment.
- Reviews existing production schedules and prioritise projects based on resources, current methods and company requirements