USD $27,000 - $28,000 + Overtime paid + Site Uplifts ($75 per day)
5 months ago
Field Service Engineer (Measurement & Instrumentation)
Annual base salary is USD $27,000 - $28,000
All Overtime will be paid for offshore and support work
Uplifts will be paid for site work (circa USD$75 per day)
Techniche Global are working with a Global instrumentation and Automation Vendor who have operations in Nigeria. We are supporting them with appointing a Field Service Engineer to focus specifically on their Measurement, Instrumentation and Metering engineering services / products.
This role will be primarily working in the field at various site locations, including offshore, onshore, vessels etc. This will be both within Nigeria and across the Globe.
The Field Service Engineer role will test, install, and commission, our Measurement product lines onshore and offshore worldwide. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a challenging environment and have a proactive approach to problem identification and resolutions.
- Experience with field calibration equipment and field calibration of instrumentation, pressure and temperature transmitters, analyzers and other field devices.
- Experience troubleshooting flow metering equipment including Turbine meters, Coriolis meters, PD meters, etc… and metering systems to identify errors and correct issues related to flow metering and quality systems.
- Experience in commissioning and maintaining Samplers and Sampling systems.
- Experience related to the operation of control equipment, flow computers, PLCs, etc…, related to the operation of fluid flow metering and quality systems.
- Familiarity with ISO and API Measurement of Fluid Flow standards (e.g. ISO 12242:2012 Measurement of fluid flow in closed conduits — Ultrasonic transit-time meters, API Manual of Petroleum Measurement Standards Chapter 4 - Proving Systems)
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree or extensive experience in a similar field.
- Experienced in the use of standard electronic test equipment.
- Proficient in troubleshooting to the component level.
- Extensive International travel; Working remotely; Self-sufficient.
- Carry out visits to internal and external client sites worldwide, onshore and offshore, for the purposes of installing, commissioning, servicing and maintaining SENSIA Measurement product lines in accordance with Company procedures and work instructions.
- Conduct all work activities in accordance with legal legislation and working conditions applicable to the site where the work is conducted ensuring that all work conducted does not compromise personnel or equipment safety.
- Perform installation and commissioning activities on SENSIA Measurement brand equipment and systems. Collect and evaluate results to determine if equipment and systems are operating properly.
- Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries of service work, products and handle customer complaints.
- Prepare and issue detailed reports identifying all work conducted and recording hours worked for all site work performed.
- Support Customer and plant/project engineering department as needed while not in the field.
- Ensure all documentation related to the work performed is filed for future access in accordance with standard procedures.
- Prepare any necessary documentation and information for the submission of invoicing, ensuring that this is conducted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safe keeping and maintenance of the Company’s Test and Maintenance equipment.
- Conduct customer training, on site and in house, on product lines.Work in partnership with Sensia Sales to coordinate customer information/assist in growing opportunities.
- Additional responsibilities as required.