Southampton, United Kingdom
£40,000 - £50,000 (Remote work, flex working week, 4% pens, Critical Illness & Life Assurance)
about 1 month ago
Financial Controller Vacancy
£40,000 - £55,000 PA
Swanwick / Warsash, Southampton
Blended working / home / remote & half day Friday
Benefits: Life Insurance, Critical Illness & 4% Pension
Techniche are supporting a Global manufacturing organisaiton based in Swanwick, Southampton.
The company are a bespoke boat builder who specialise in luxury high end tenders that are used by Super Yachts around the globe.
This award-winning supplier of superyacht tenders, are seeking an experienced Financial Controller to join the growing team. With an international client base and an excellent reputation, the company has grown steadily throughout its history.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a robust financial control environment which proactively supports the profitable development of the business, while safeguarding the group’s assets. They will provide timely, accurate and relevant financial reporting to all stakeholders, reporting directly to the CEO.
Self-motivated and proactive, they will have experience in a senior finance role and hold a recognised finance qualification. The ability to communicate with all levels from shop floor management to group share holders, with the confidence to chair meetings reporting budgets and management accounts will be key.
Passionate about accuracy and with good analytical skills the successful candidate will aim to develop and improve the company’s reporting processes, engaging stakeholders and improving finance awareness throughout the organisation.
- Creation of monthly profit and loss accounts collated annually for statutory submission and audit.
- Completing accounting functions including balance sheet management, fixed asset schedules, depreciation, prepayments, and accruals
- Project reporting, reporting data from Sage to compile to project-based earned value calculations for management accounts
- Production of all management accounts and presentation to the Leadership Team
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Process staff expenses and maintain staff expenses policy
- Approving and overseeing monthly payroll to month and payroll year-end
- Statutory returns; PAYE, VAT, ONS
- Management of import/export taxation processes including movements in and out of EU and rest of world, IPR and EU VAT reclaims
- Managing accounts payable; managing e-banking monthly and ad hoc payment runs, processing via Sage e- banking into NatWest Bankline.
- Managing accounts receivable; raising invoices, monitoring aged debtors, and allocating incoming payments
- Managing petty cash
- Reconciling all control accounts and intercompany balances
- Management of the annual audit, across 2 businesses and the holding company
- Manage and allocate PDQ Payments
- Management of accounts for group company Eastlands Shipyard in Xero
- Monitoring debt service liabilities and covenants
The Financial Controller will require the following skills:
- Must be qualified and experienced in financial accounting, including ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Highly organised, accurate, and detail orientated
- The ability to communicate proficiently with stakeholders at all levels of the business including Managers, Leadership Team, Directors, and Share Holders
- Ability to manage a team of administrators, balancing priorities across other areas of the business
- Experience in Sage Payroll and Sage 50 accounting software including Projects
- Experience of multi-currency accounting across all areas
- Accounting experience in an export-driven manufacturing company will be a benefit
- Experience in Xero accounting software (or similar software packages)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of the latest VAT, export, and import processes including EU road freight and IPR regulations