Farnborough, United Kingdom
£50,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
about 1 month ago
Group Fire Safety Advisor
£50,000 - £55,000
Benefits: The full benefits package includes – Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts, etc.
Techniche are working with a Leading UK Defence Organisation who are looking to appoint a Group Fire Safety Advisor.
This role will be working with Qinetiq at their regional Technology Centre in Farnborough.
The purpose of this Fire Safety Advisor role is to provide leadership in fire safety management across the QinetiQ Group, ensuring effective fire safety governance & leadership is in place. Taking a strategic view to ensure the fire safety management system reflects the risk profile across all activities and all countries in which we operate is a key aspect of the job role.
This will include engaging with Business and Function leaders to create a culture of continuous improvement. Through working with teams across the company to develop, co-ordinate and support fire safety improvement programmes, this Fire Safety Advisor role will ensure there is a consistent approach to fire safety standards for local teams to implement to drive improvement across QinetiQ.
Experience & Qualifications
- You must have previous experience as a fire safety advisor, hold professional fire safety management qualifications (ideally level 5) and relevant 3rd party accreditation.
- The Fire Safety Advisor must have a robust understanding & training / certification in DSEAR risk assessment is preferable;
- Though this role supports QinetiQ Group-wide, many of our sites are in the UK and so to enable essential travel, a full, clean driving licence is required.
- The Fire Safety Advisor will provide leadership and technical fire safety expertise & support to develop robust and consistent fire management standards to implement across QinetiQ.
- You will work with key stakeholders to co-ordinate fire safety improvement programmes.
- The Fire Safety Advisor will monitor & report on fire compliance status, ensuring local teams use inspections and management reviews effectively to understand progress;
- You will be the focal point to engage with Regulators, stakeholders & industry groups in fire / emergency management;
- The Fire Safety Advisor will review fire-related training requirements to ensure there are agreed mechanisms to deliver across QinetiQ.