Oundle, United Kingdom
10.50 - 11.65 per hour (approx £22-24k plus overtime)
5 months ago
10.50 – 11.65 per hour (approx. £22-24k plus overtime)
40 hours per week, overtime available
Do you have GRP, fibreglass, gelcoats and resins experience? Would you like to work on a range of beautiful prestigious consumer products? Then send me your CV today!
The laminator works with a team of other laminators to Complete Large/Small moulds of the finished prestigious consumer product including components and complete sub sections. Using hand lay up process to apply the skincoat laminate, core materials and final layer of laminate, the laminator builds any fiberglass part used in the process.
The laminator is able to perform all the basic duties of the lamination process such as defect-free fiberglass roll out, laminate sanding prep, part inspection and defect removal and startup and shutdown duties.
- Responsible for setting up moulds including waxing and gelling as well as laminating
- Preparing moulds tools - inspection of tool, assembly of the tool, waxing of tool ready for gel coating
- Gel coating - decanting gel coat from containers, adding the correct catalyst ratio following catalyst charts, mixing the gel coat and catalyst together ready to apply to a mould tool.
- Must be able to use the basic tools applicable to the job.
- Be able to work with people as a team to accomplish department goals.
- Be able to roll out fiberglass without laminate defects such as air bubbles and rein rich areas.
- Be able to inspect parts for gelcoat and laminate defects to ensure high quality standards before each phase of the lamination process.
- Be able to grind out laminate defects without damage to the gelcoat or the mold.
- Understands laminate related materials, methods and practices used in the department.
- Has knowledge in proper handling and mixing gelcoats, resins, and catalysts.
- Understands fully the handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals and emergency procedures.
- Be able to adapt to changes in production operations.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.50-£11.65 per hour (approx. £22-24k pa plus overtime)
- 10 hour shift