RAF Valley, United Kingdom
£23.10 Ltd or £17.68 PAYE Plus Shift £2.89
almost 2 years ago
Hawk T2 Senior Supervisor (Depth).
We are looking for an experienced and skilled technician to undertake a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or aircraft component, demonstrating the ability to derive diagnostic techniques.
- Responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task delegation and authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component.
- Responsible for tasking of work & supervision of personnel/people management.
- Undertake detailed maintenance, inspection and supervision activities on an aircraft or aircraft components. Assuring work carried out has been completed in accordance with the SOW / Work package using the relevant approved technical information. Resolving faults and maintenance issues, including configuration management.
- Undertake and complete tasked maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, Aircraft Ground Handling, flight servicing, aircraft role changes, AD embodiments, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
- Supervise team to ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and highlight any issues, escalate as required. Report on any impact to the wider programme.
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need to be an experienced and competent leader at this level with broad and in-depth product knowledge.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering or Military equivalent apprenticeship / qualifications.
- Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 or 2661 in Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or equivalent.
- Aircraft platform training (On a/c requirement)
- Requires extensive experience working at Technician level prior to undertaking a Supervisor role.
- Demonstrating breadth of experience, currency & recency via a Log Book capturing skills, knowledge and authorities for working on Aircraft type or in bays.
- Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Expositions and Functionally Mandated Procedures Management training.
- PDR training / experience.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
Rate: £23.10 Ltd or £17.68 PAYE Plus Shift £2.89
Length of contract 6 months
Hours: 36 per week
Security: BPSS + DBS (can take up to 6 weeks)