Portsmouth, United Kingdom
9 months ago
An interim Head of Finance is required for an initial 3-6 month period with a leading Defence company based in Portsmouth. The role will be initially remote/home based with some site travel expected pending easing of Covid restrictions.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will oversee the central finance function for this critical business unit, ensuring the success of the finance team, consisting of roughly 5 team members.
- Lead the business unit transformation programme following restructuring.
- Drive process and system improvements across the finance team including a future ERP implementation.
- Ensure all reporting submissions and forecasts are of high quality and are properly underpinned
- Be able to prepare and present difficult and complex financial/operational information in a simple and meaningful way
- Good knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Strong people management skills
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA with at least 5 years PQE
Due to the role being in the defence industry security clearance checks will be undertaken prior to start. Current security clearance is preferred but not essential.