helensburgh, United Kingdom
£60.00 - £63.00 per hour (Outside IR-35)
about 1 year ago
Head of Finance
Location: Helensburgh (Full time, occasional home working)
Rate: £60-63 per hour (LTD Outside of IR-35)
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche are working with a large Engineering Technology contractor who are seeking an experienced Finance Leader for a period of initially 6 months.
This role will be to lead and manage the Finance Department to meet safety, quality, cost, delivery, people and improvement targets for Group, Business Unit, Function and Departments.
- CIMA Qualified or Equivalent
- ILM Level 7 or Equivalent
- Up-to-date Professional training (from Institute and other professional bodies)
- Thorough understanding of forecasting and reporting of business financial information particularly for businesses which run long term contracts, and are involved in either service or construction type works.
- A high level of understanding of business and organisational drivers (including cultural), market and sector awareness
- Knowledge of the strategies related to staff and resource management with extensive knowledge of issues affecting large Business development operations
- Understanding of business policy and processes and their application
- Business Processes
- Procurement processes.
- Programme Management (risk, project controls, finance, commercial).
- Process Improvement techniques.
- Business Applications
Scope of Duties:
- Agree Business, Function and Department objectives and targets with Business Services Director and once set, manage these through to successful completion.
- Assist the Business Services Director in maximising the utilisation of all the Directorate’s resource.
- Deliver process, technical and business improvement using continuous improvement techniques to accelerate delivery in key business areas. Includes measuring Departmental performance and adoption of best practice by the introduction of innovative technological solutions (people, systems and technology).
- Is required to evolve and lead the finance strategy for the Clyde business unit, evaluating and responding to the business needs of the customer. This role will drive, protect, diversify and grow aspects of the business such that the business satisfies organic and new growth aspirations.
- Ensure that adequate resources (SQEP people, facilities, equipment) are available to deliver governance, assurance and improvement activities. Includes the provision of leadership to all Finance Department staff in the performance of their duties
- Ensure the Finance Department complies with appropriate legislation including requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act (as a minimum).
- Control expenditure of the Finance Department within forecasted budget. Includes overall responsibility and reporting for business improvement (Savings) to ensure all requirements are fully met.
- Required to evolve and lead the finance strategy for the Clyde business unit, evaluating and responding to the business needs of the customer. This role will drive, protect, diversify and grow aspects of the business such that the business satisfies organic and new growth aspirations while also delivering saving targets for contracts.
- Provide commercial and financial expertise to the other senior managers within the business, and aims to develop the culture which underpins an environment of tight budgetary control.
- Responsible for ensuring that financial and commercial controls operate effectively and are monitored and reported on, on a regular basis. Leads compliance framework, reporting on all such activity to the board.
- Responsible for organising quarterly forecast cycle, consolidating all business unit budgets to allow overall company budget to be completed in time for reporting to group. Liaison with other Heads of Department to ensure agreement of revised forecasts, as well as working with them during the year to understand and manage variations to the revised forecast.
- Tasked with enhancing the quality of their business processes and services in line with the overall business strategy.
- As a pivotal member of the senior management team, and is there to provide leadership and coordination of company financial reporting, planning, cash management and financial controls, across all areas of the business.
- Expected to provide commercial and financial expertise to the other senior managers within the business, and aims to develop the culture which underpins an environment of tight budgetary control.