Plymouth, United Kingdom
£21 per hour (£41,000pa Equivalent)
6 months ago
Health & Safety Trainer
Start Date: Estimated June, as site lockdown restrictions list
Duration: 6 months initially with a view to extend beyond
Rate: £21 per hour + plus holiday & pension (£41,000pa equivalent)
Techniche are working closely with a global Engineering & Technology organisaiton who specialize in highly regulated marine and defence projects.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Experience in H&S and training delivery
- Construction/engineering experience desirable
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent
- Training qualifications
- Train the trainer
Summary of the position:
To provide quality and professional conventional Health and Safety training to Babcock staff, fixed term workers and authorised contract staff with the goal of preventing incidents at work. We will achieve this by;
- Ensuring our training content is up to date with current UK legislation.
- Ensuring our training delivery is professional, accurate and engaging and that learners are improving their understanding of hazards, mitigations and safe systems of work on site.
- Ensuring that we are efficient in training co-ordination and delivery to maximise training opportunities.
- Ensuring our training is updated when there are opportunities to learn from past events.
- Inputting all training events accurately and promptly to ensure training records are up to date.
- Providing guidance to the business on what training is required.
Main Purpose of Role
- Training delivery: Provide professional training to employees with a wide range of experience, predominantly within the Health and Safety discipline. All training to be delivered to a professional standard.
- Courseware maintenance: Provide SME support for the routine review and amendment of training courseware – ensure H&S training is delivered to comply with current UK regulations.
- Administration; To conduct administration and reporting activities associated with the delivery of training and otherwise conducted by the Head of SHEF Enabling Services.
- Training delivery: To maintain the standards set by legislation and best practice to ensure training delivery compliance.
- Administration: Take responsibility for assigned courseware ensuring content is up to date, presented professionally and all the quality documentation is kept up to date. Ensure that courseware revisions are tracked on a course ASPEC and training content is secure so that consistent course content is delivered.
- Administration: Support the provision of a quality management system by adhering to associated paperwork (trainer evaluation and trainer sign off schedules for example)