Pendine, United Kingdom
about 1 month ago
Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Pendine, South Wales
1 Year initial fixed term contract
Techniche are working with a Leading UK Defence Organisation who are looking to appoint a Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor.
This role will be working with Qinetiq at the MOD Pendine site they operate.
The role will provide competent and professional health, safety and occasional environmental advice and services in line with business needs within the site and across the Group.
The role will drive a step change in the safety culture across the business contributing to improved safety performance and may be required to deputise for other HSEAs in their absence. The role will report to the Head of Health, Safety and Environment and will require travel to QinetiQ and other sites on occasion.
Experience & Qualifications
1. Experience, post qualification, as a health and safety practitioner.
2. Working knowledge and experience of ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems.
3. Certificate level qualification in occupational safety and health management
4. Working towards or willing to undertake Level 6 Diploma in occupational safety and health management.
5. Recognised training in and experience of accident investigation including root cause analysis techniques.
6. CMIOSH (or equivalent) or working towards through CPD.
1. Provide competent and technical health, safety and occasional environmental advice and guidance to business management working in partnership with assurance managers.
2. Play an active role in the development and delivery of a QinetiQ Group safety management system, objectives and work programmes.
3. Support practical implementation and delivery of HS&E legislation, policy, strategy and objectives; applying high professional standards through building a strong professional internal network.
4. Promote a positive and innovative safety culture, seeking and contributing to the Safe for Life programme, and engaging with business management to ensure lessons learned are understood and embedded.
5. Across the organisation and in partnership with the HSEA community deliver the change programme through a process of training, mentoring, coaching and facilitating.
6. Carry out and provide assistance to management in the investigation of incidents, hazards or occupational ill health, as appropriate to business needs and commensurate with potential outcome.
7. Monitor HS&E performance across the business; leading, conducting and supporting inspection, tour and sampling programmes and support business areas in their preparation for ISO 45001 audits.
8. Provide the wider HS&E team with information and statistics on business performance as required.
9. Support and assist with the assessment of risks; scrutinising, coaching and developing assessor competency, and providing “hands-on” input in respect of complex and / or high hazard activities.
10. Participate constructively in the preparation and conduct of management reviews.
11. Liaise with customers, enforcement authorities, HS&E professional bodies, insurance or audit companies, as required.
12. Maintain knowledge and understanding of current and proposed legislation and good practice and its implementation for QinetiQ.