London, United Kingdom
about 1 year ago
To service and repair motor vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To understand the importance of following procedures, method statements, work instructions, risk assessments for this role.
- To service, maintain and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided
- To work in an efficient and productive manner, achieving the targets set out and agreed with workshop operation manager/supervisors.
- To operate a ‘Fix First Time’ way of working ensuring quality of work is at the utmost standard and meets/exceeds any inspection carried out.
- To diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. Including road testing where deemed necessary.
- Observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Supervisor and correct completion of paperwork
- Experience in servicing and repairing HGVs/LGVs
- Experience of managing issues effectively via telephone/email
- Experience of working with others and a team player