£40,000 - £60,000 (+ Overtime, 10% Bonus & company benefits)
almost 2 years ago
Techniche Global are supporting a Global Industrial Automation Organization with appointing a regional Field Service Engineer. This role will be covering parts of Ireland and will require the successful applicant to be based within the Dublin region.
The Field Service Engineer is expected to provide the following services at customer sites in Ireland:
• Conduct Start Up of Medium Voltage products & 3rd party components as part of projects on customer locations. This contains, but is not limited to AC Drives, Soft starters, Switchgear & Controllers.
• Provide Emergency break down support, repair and on site analysis on Medium Voltage and other Allen Bradley products.
• Provide Technical Support to customers and colleagues worldwide.
• Participate in the on-call support mechanism as part of the EMEA MV Support Rota.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance activities on products.
• Lead the on-site Start-Up Project Management and liaise with Project Manager(s).
• Support the Project Manager(s) and Proposal Engineer(s) with quotes for spares and services.
• Complete all on site Project administration such as commissioning guidelines, reports & drawings.
• Conduct formal and informal training.
• Accurately complete commissioning/service documentation after every project and submit to relevant stakeholder
• Be prepared to travel to remote locations for extended periods when required.
Experience required for Professional Level:
• Minimum Five years of experience in similar position.
• Low/Medium Voltage Drives background.
• Technical Expertise is required in PLC’s & HMIs as well as drives.
• Working knowledge in a field service role.
• Ability to manage difficult customer support situations in an engineering / project or technical service capacity
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work across the industrial automation product range and applications.
• Excellent fault finding skills
• Ability to work independently
• High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel globally