Plymouth , United Kingdom
5 months ago
Location: Initially home based, with a blend of home and site-based (Plymouth) work from the summer
Rate: £17.40p/h PAYE
Duration: 6 months initially
Techniche Global are looking to appoint a HR Advisor to work with a leading engineering defence contract at Devonport Dockyard.
Qualifications and experience:
- CIPD part qualified (Level 3 or 5), HR related degree desirable or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a HR generalist role
- Knowledge of current employment law and understanding of potential changes
- Proficient user of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
You will support on a range of situations, problems and issues as well as providing guidance and advice to all levels of managers and employees throughout the business. Working for the Snr HR Business Partner, you will join a team of HRBPs and HR Advisors in this busy role.
You’ll need to have excellent communication and organisational skills as this is a busy role and will need you to prioritise your work. Flexibility is offered from day one as you are trusted to work under your own steam, therefore you’ll need to be a self-starter and be able to use your initiative. Support will be on hand and provided by your line manager and the team, who all work together to help to get the job done.
The key responsibilities include:-
- To advise and guide managers in the application of Policies and Procedures that cover all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
- Playing a vital role in case management by supporting managers to investigate cases, undertake hearings and provide guidance on discipline and grievance procedures.
- Your support will also be required with any appeal processes, we like to deal with case management in a timely manner and you’ll be able to keep us on track with this.
- We’d like you to have a sound understanding of Employment Law and any updates that impact how we manage people.
- We work alongside Trade Unions in our business and it would be great if you’ve got experience of TU’s in the workplace.